Carlson Hydrology is a comprehensive, yet easy-to-master civil engineering software solution providing automation you can use to meet your hydrology needs. Full 3D road and lot design feed directly into flow calculations and drainage design.
Includes access to lookup rainfall amounts in NOAA Atlas 14, watershed commands operated by grid files for watershed perimeters and runoff tracking, plus the option to draw out sewer lines just as a polyline before converting them in the sewer model.
The Utility Network has also been expanded to allow more shapes and utility types – gas, water, communication, storm. The Sewer Network commands allow users to label the drainage areas for each inlet and there are added controls for pipe label styles, the software supports negative step-up, and its reports now include multiple invert-ins.
Carlson Hydrology works on top of AutoCAD® 2018 and comes with IntelliCAD®8.3 built-in, and AutoCAD versions 2010 and up are also supported.
Enhanced collaboration options are highlights of the Carlson Civil and Carlson Hydrology. The Settings Server enables CAD managers to easily distribute uniform command settings and files to Carlson users throughout their company. Additional highlights of Hydrology m0odule include:
- Hydrograph Editor – New command to edit time and flow data in a spreadsheet.
- Pipe Culvert Design – Added outlet control by gradually varied flow method.
- Utility Network – New command to define model for utility networks.
These are in addition to other recent improvements: redesigned and enhanced sewer spreadsheet editor for working in profile view and added support in sewer network for multiple pipes between structures and for separate inlet locations, speed and ease design work for sewer or drainage networks. For the full list of Carlson Hydrology improvements.
Carlson Hydrology is tightly integrated with HydroCAD. This collaboration brings together the extraordinary ease of use that Carlson is known for, its 30+ years of experience mastering the civil/survey CAD environment, with the 25+ years of experience of HydroCAD in the unique, rapidly changing and highly regulated storm water modeling profession
The Carlson line of software comes with 64-bit capabilities, is Windows 7 compatible, and works on AutoCAD® and IntelliCAD.
From Carlson Software, you get complex calculations of surface flows integrated with the DTMs:
- Tap extensive libraries on rainfall, inlets, manholes, outlets
- Calculate inlet intercepted and bypass flows, gutter spread and depth, pipe flow depth and velocity, and hydraulic and energy grade lines
- Get warnings for collisions, excessive pipe lengths, insufficient cover, lack of slope, excessive flow rates, and more
- Track runoff and analyze watershed – choose entire area or the watershed above a point such as a catch basin
- Design ponds, culverts, channels and outlets
- Draft sewer pipe dynamically in plans, profiles and 3D
Get in touch