,The magnetometer MD200 is perfectly suited for locating covered ferromagnetic metals – for example valve caps and rods, hydrants, metallic manhole and tank covers, as well as marker nails or magnets which have been covered by soil, road surface, snow or water.
With this easily held magnetometer of the MultiMeasure Professional series, after just a short familiarisation period, you will already be able to locate covered objects quickly and without tiring, without the need for complex measuring and excavation.
MD200 – The perfect detector for efficiently locating covered ferromagnetic objects in water and gas supply networks
The MD200 is ready to go just a few seconds after being switched on. Thankds to the resistant ABS construction, a dirt and water-resistant membrane keypad as well as the waterproof probe rod made out of lightweight, epoxy-coated aluminium, you can even use this measuring device in the harshest conditions.
Blazing heat, bitter cold, under water or in the snow – the MD200 was especially designed for these environments and provides high-precision location results in each situation.
The MD200 can safely locate ferromagnetic objects to a depth of three metres and indicate the proximity on the easily read, backlit display as a number and a bar graph. In addition, a beep which gets louder as the signal strength increases is emitted from the built in speaker.
Locating objects through magnetic field measurements with the MD200
The MD200 is perfectly suited for measuring changes in magnetic fields due to its two excitation coils and four receiver coils. The measuring device reacts with high sensitivity to the smallest changes of the terrestrial magnetic field, as it is influenced by ferromagnetic objects under the ground.
As you approach such an object with the MD200, the device indicates the increased signal both visually and acoustically. For larger objects – for example manhole covers – the maximum values are generated at the object edges. By swinging the magnetometer and comparing the signal, the exact location can thus be determined.
A few practical benefits:
- Quick detection of covered ferromagnetic metals to three metres deep
- Reliable measurement results – aluminium beverage cans, bottle tops or other non-magnetic metal objects are not detected
- Highly sensitive – either manually or automatically adjustable
- More than 24 hours continuous operation
- Easy to read backlit display with rotation function
- Ergonomic, robust ABS housing
Extremely lightweight construction – only 830 g including batteries
- Waterproof probe rod made of carbon fibre
- Dirt and water-resistant membrane buttons
- Dual field strength display – optical and acoustic
- Maximal value display of the magnetic signal
- Alarm signal for proximity to live cables
- Battery level display
- Detection of changing magnetic fields, caused by ferromagnetic metals situated in the ground (up to three metres deep – depending on the size of the object)
- Power supply via battery: 4x LR6 AA batterys
- Membrane keys
- Operating range temperature: -20 °C to +50°C
- Protection class: IP54
- Display: LCD, monochrome
- Probe rod made of carbon fibre
- Length: 1050 mm
- Weight: 0.83 kg
Functions and equipment:
- Display of the signal strength
- Automatically adjustable sensitivity
- Manually adjustable sensitivity
- Adjustable display backlight
- Variable volume control
Get in touch